Development Office and Alumni Manager
Fulltime position commencing May 2013
Scone Grammar School is a K - 12 Coeducational Anglican day school, located in the Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. It is a flourishing school that is in an exciting stage of development.
This newly created role will work closely with the Principal, School Executive and School Council to develop strategy and implement programmes for fundraising and alumni relations. The Development Office is responsible for managing fundraising and alumni engagement , student recruitment and retention, marketing and communications, and the overarching profile and brand of the School.
- Plan, implement and monitor fundraising and relationship building activities
- Work closely with the School Executive and Council to plan and implement fundraising strategies
- Manage and coordinate events and functions necessary for development and fundraising
- Manage and develop positive relationships with existing and potential donors
- Research and prepare grant and philanthropic submissions to potential funding bodies
- Optimise communication systems with donors, including the further development of social media and electronic communications
- Maintain, develop and mine databases
- Ensure all development activities comply with legislation, ethical standards and the Christian ethos of the School
- Develop and coordinate the School Alumni group, establishing relationships and a process of engagement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent time-management and administration skills
- Ability to set goals and priorities, and work under minimal supervision
- Ability to proof read and an eye for detail
- Experience and/or a keen understanding of philanthropy, donors and bequests, preferably in the education or not-for-profit sectors
- Ideally, proven fundraising and project management experience in the education or not-for-profit sectors
- Experience in event management
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a school environment
- An understanding of social media and excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn software applicable to the position requirements
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communications strategies and campaigns that target multiple audiences with different messaging and include a strong call to action
- Highly developed written communication skills for a range of different communication materials including websites and social media, with an ability to write persuasively on giving and contributing to SGS
The nature of the position will mean some after hours and weekend work will be required.
Successful candidates will be committed to uphold the ethos of an independent Anglican School and will be able to work as a co-operative and contributing members of a dynamic team.
All successful applicants will be screened for appropriate child protection purposes.
Applications should be marked Private & Confidential and be addressed to:
Scone Grammar School
PO Box 332
Scone NSW 2337
Email applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Applications close Friday 26 April 2013.